We are launching a contest that challenges students in grades 7–12 to submit a cover design for the Stearns County Comprehensive Plan. The winning cover will be used in the Comprehensive Plan. The winner and runner-ups will have a chance to win prizes and special recognition by the Stearns County Board of Commissioners.
1st place: $300 Visa gift card
2nd place: $150 Visa gift card
3rd place: $50 Visa gift card
Cover designs can include drawings, photos, or other visual graphics. It is up to you and your imagination and creativity. Submissions will be judged on how well the cover captures the Plan’s five pillars that look towards Stearns County’s future for the year 2040. The five pillars are listed below.
- Living — Stearns County shares a broad set of values about ourselves and the place where we live. We will continue to embrace a shared feeling of belonging, acceptance, and trust. The success of the County as a whole depends on the contributions and engagement of every individual to make Stearns County a great place to call home.
- Agriculture — Stearns County’s agricultural heritage is the root of our prosperity and identity. Through product diversity, innovation, and sustainable practices, we will enhance and promote the advancement of our agricultural economy.
- Business — Stearns County will invest in economic development strategies that are rooted in our shared values, skills, and identity. This will require a balanced economy that supports our existing businesses, while attracting new business that encourages entrepreneurship, innovation, and creativity.
- Nature — Stearns County recognizes the inherent value of the natural environment and connecting people to nature. We are committed to protecting, preserving, and restoring our natural resources, while offering outdoor recreational opportunities. This will require sustainable practices that balance growth between urban and rural communities.
- Connectivity — Stearns County’s infrastructure, facilities, and services play an important role in connecting the places where we live, work and play. We recognize the inherent responsibility in maintaining these systems in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner. Enhancing these systems will require public and private partnerships that strive to maintain our quality of life.
- Covers need to be submitted by November 27, 2019
- Submissions need to be submitted online at shapestearns.com
- Designs need to be done in a 11 inch by 8.5 inch layout (landscape)
- Students in grades 7 – 12 are eligible
- One submission per student is allowed
For more information please contact Angie Berg at 320-656-3613 or via email at email@example.com
The County reserves the right to modify the winning cover to fit the format of the comprehensive plan.